Spooky Halloween Gender Reveal
As fall starts to set in and Halloween approaches, thoughts of spooky costumes, pumpkin carving, and trick-or-treating are not far off. It’s a season filled with fun gatherings, bonfires, and events, and you can easily incorporate it all into your gender reveal. Check out these Halloween gender reveal party ideas to make announcing the sex of your baby an entertaining, seasonal event!
Pumpkin Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Nothing says Halloween more than pumpkin carving, which is why it’s not surprising that many people choose to incorporate it into their Halloween Gender Reveal. In fact, with a little creativity, you can use pumpkins as decorations throughout your party area.
To make a cut pumpkin-themed centerpiece:
- Paint three large pumpkins black and wait for the paint to dry.
- Paint light blue polka dots on one pumpkin, light pink polka dots on another, and a large white question mark on the third.
- Paint the pumpkin stems light blue, light pink, or white to match the rest of the pumpkin.
- When the pain is dry, set all three on the table with the question mark pumpkin in the middle.
Consider placing a cute, handwritten sign next to the pumpkins, along with trays of blue and pink clothespins. As your guests arrive, they can choose a clothespin to “cast their vote.” Then, once the baby’s gender is revealed, give everyone who chose correctly a small prize.
If your party will have a Halloween theme, you could put “Boo-y or Ghoul?” on the sign instead of “Boy or Girl?” Or if you want a simple fall theme, consider a sign that says, “He or She, What Will Our Little Pumpkin Be?”
Halloween Themed Gender Reveals
Smoke bombs are a great option for Halloween and fall-themed gender reveals because they can easily be placed inside painted or carved pumpkins or even plastic cauldrons. Gender reveal smoke bombs are available in pink or blue. Each one lasts between 60 and 75 seconds, which gives you plenty of time to take pictures and video of your reveal.
Some ideas for fall or Halloween-themed gender reveals using smoke bombs include:
- Carve a pumpkin with the image of a baby and place the smoke bomb inside it.
- Carve a pumpkin so it says “Boy or Girl” or “Boo-y or Ghoul” and place the smoke bomb inside it.
- Purchase a plastic cauldron and place the smoke bomb inside it so when it goes off, it looks like witch's brew overflowing. Consider this your Harry Potter moment if you want to hold magical wands.
Other Halloween Gender Reveal Ideas
If you don’t want to use smoke bombs during your gender reveal celebration, there are several other options that would work well with a Halloween-themed gender reveal party.
- Place blue or pink helium balloons inside a sealed box so they float out of the box when opened. Decorate the outside of the box so it matches your party theme. You could paint the box black, cover it with blue and pink polka dots, and write the phrase “Our little pumpkin is a…” on it. Alternatively, you could decorate the box in Halloween colors, like green, orange, or purple. Then, write “Boy or Girl Witch Will It Be?” on the box.
- Cut the top off of a pumpkin and gut it. Then, paint the pumpkin half pink and half blue. Then, place a confetti cannon inside the pumpkin. When you set the cannon off, blue or pink confetti will shoot from the top of the pumpkin.
- Consider using colored smoke tires to announce your baby’s gender. The non-toxic powder is placed on your car’s tires so when you do a burnout, large clouds of blue or pink smoke come from the tires.
Hosting a Fancy Fall-Themed Gender Reveal Party
If you prefer a fall-themed party that’s more elegant than spooky, you can still use smoke bombs or confetti cannons during the reveal. However, you might want to alter some of the decorations. For example, you could host a sit-down dinner for family and decorate the table with a pumpkin centerpiece:
- Paint four pumpkins an elegant shade of off-white, including the stems.
- Use a stencil to paint the letter on the pumpkin, spelling out the word “baby” in orange.
- Set the pumpkins on top of candle holders to elevate them a bit.
- Place smaller pumpkins, beads, and candles in glass candle holders around the table to decorate underneath your pumpkin centerpiece.
After your dinner, complete your gender reveal. Then, continue to celebrate your new baby by serving a mouth-watering dessert.
When planning your fall or Halloween-themed gender reveal party, it’s okay to step away from the “norm” a bit. With a little bit of planning and creativity, you can have the gender reveal event you’ve been dreaming about since you found out you were expecting.
Happy Halloween from Gender Reveal Celebrations!