Easy Gender Reveal Ideas
Congratulations! You’re having a baby! Now you want to find a fun and easy way to tell your family what the sex of your new little one is going to be. Gender reveal parties are all the rage these days and it’s obvious why: they are so exciting!
But, even if you are a low-key person who doesn’t want to have a big, complicated reveal, we’ve got you. There are lots of cool ways to let your big secret out of the bag.....or box!
Gender Reveal Balloons
Do you like balloons? Who doesn’t?!
Revealing the gender of the baby with balloons is a lot of fun and you can have someone take really awesome photographs as the secret floats in front of you.
Check out these balloon props:
- You might want to go with a gender reveal balloon kit for your party. All you have to do with this is string it up so it’s hanging from the ceiling. When you are ready for the big surprise, pull the cord and viola! Pink or blue Gender Revea Balloons will rain down on you.
- Another idea is a gender reveal balloon box. This is the opposite of the ceiling prop. You open the package here and pink or blue balloons float up and reveal the gender of the baby.
Both ideas are terrific, it just depends on whether you want them to fall on your head or float up. We promise the shock and excitement will still be the same!
Remember how awesome confetti was when you were a kid? Some things never change. It’s like glitter but you won’t wear it for the remainder of your pregnancy. Cooler yet, you can show the world what the baby’s sex is going to be with some confetti-filled party props.
- Gender reveal confetti cannons are as thrilling as they sound. You and your partner twist them and confetti bursts out and reveal the baby’s gender. If you want, you can buy a bunch of them and everyone at the party can set them off at the same time! It's a great way for everyone to feel included.
- Gender reveal confetti pops do the same thing as the cannon as far as using colored particles to reveal the gender but they are smaller and even little kids can use them. It’s a simple way to get siblings involved in the festivities and all of you will be covered in confetti. How adorable, right?
One of the most popular ways to let the secret out these days is with colored smoke. There are a couple of different ways you can do this, and let me tell you, the photos will be epic.
- Gender reveal smoke cannons are as easy to use as the confetti version. All you have to do is point and twist. The colored "smoke" that corresponds with sex of the baby billows out, surrounding you and your partner. The cool thing about the smoke cannons is that it's actually colored powder and it is perfectly safe.
- Gender reveal smoke bombs are another way to incorporate smoky fun into your party. Just like a smoke bomb on the 4th of July, all you do is light the wick and let the fun begin.
The great thing about these ideas is how simple it is to clean-up afterward.
Easy Peasy Photos
Taking photos to reveal your baby's gender is a really fuss-free way of doing it. You don't even need to hold a party this way. You can be really creative and then post the photos on social media and tell everyone there. Also, with this idea, you can still use all of the awesome props we've already mentioned.
Instead of doing it at a big get-together, you and your partner make the big reveal in front of your favorite photographer. Check out our photography ideas for some specifics.
Cookies, cakes, and cupcakes...oh my! Who doesn't love sweet treats? We sure do. Obviously, that makes them the perfect way to let your friends and family find out the gender of the baby. Here are some ways to incorporate sweets into your party.
A gender reveal cake or cupcakes are a lot of fun and there are all kinds of different ways to do it. You could have your favorite bakery make you a cake with colored candy in the middle. Or you could ask for a white cake and have your baker use pink or blue food coloring to change the batter. All you have to do is cut the cake and SURPRISE!
Cookies are another fun and easy idea. You can ask your baker to fill the cookies with gooey, colored goodness that reveals your baby's gender.
Embrace Your Moment!
All of these are easy ways to reveal the gender of your little bundle of joy. And no matter what you choose to do, you’ll have a great time and remember it for the rest of your life.